ALL ABOUT BEDBUGS
Bedbug have been known human parasites for thousands of years.
WHERE DO THEY LIVE AND REPRODUCE:
Bed bugs spend much of their time in dark, hidden locations like mattress seams, or cracks in a wall. We even saw them inside appliances, inside outlet covers, behind picture frames and on the ceiling.
We have a client who purchased a Loudspeaker and brought it home, after sometime he started to have bedbug infestation.
ANYBODY CAN HAVE BEDBUGS:
Some say that Bedbug Infestation are ONLY happening due to Bad Hygiene but we assure you that Anybody can have them.
HOW DO THEY SPREAD:
more about bedbugs:
- Female bed bugs lay about five eggs daily throughout their adult lives in a sheltered location (mattress seams, crevices in box springs, spaces under baseboards, etc.)
- Eggs hatch in about 4-12 days into first instar nymphs which must take a blood meal before molting to the next stage.
- The bugs will undergo five nymphic stages Each one requiring a blood meal before molting to the next stage, with the fifth stage molting into an adult.
- Nymphs, although lacking wing buds, resemble smaller versions of the adults.
- The adults may take several blood meals over several weeks, assuming a warm-blooded host is available.
- Mating occurs off the host and involves a unique form of copulation called ‘traumatic insemination’ whereby the male penetrates the female’s abdominal wall with his external genitalia and inseminates into her body cavity.
- Adults live 6-12 months and may survive for long periods of time without feeding.