Bedbugs in Tennessee
The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture states that In 2005, nearly 20 percent of Tennessee counties reported bedbugs.
By December 2012, bedbugs were reported in 60 percent of Tennessee counties and could be more widespread than reported.
Bedbugs are parasites that feed on human blood. Once bedbugs get in, they can quickly multiply and infest your home.
There are very few things that you can do to eliminate bedbugs on your own because bedbugs can survive for up to a year without feeding.
You need to call an exterminator immediately when you find bedbugs throughout your home.
Bedbug Treatment we are proud of!!!
- We offer FREE Livingroom Treatment for every bedbug service we do, even if it’s only a one bedroom house.
- We can treat your home and you can reoccupy it The-Same-Day.
- Rest assured knowing that Causey’s Pest Control will eliminate your bedbug problem.
- We Offer Split Payment Option to our customers and sometimes work with them regarding their payment options. We always find ways to work with our customers because we understand that not all of us have the means to provide full payment instantly.
BEDBUG SERVICE & REMOVAL PROCESS
We’ll inspect your property free of charge if need be to see if you have bedbugs.
We’ll go from room to room, sterilizing, inspecting and treating any areas known to harborage bedbugs following all guidelines and labels.
We will do a follow-up treatment in two weeks as this is the normal gestation period of bedbugs at which point we’ll treat certain areas and surfaces again with the final product eliminating all your bedbug problems.
Bedbugs are a serious problem and are notoriously difficult to exterminate, so for us to properly perform the treatment, client cooperation is important.
To insure that we can go around the rooms without any hindrances and will guarantee that we can completely exterminate the bedbugs and their eggs.
Proper preparation is an essential step for ensuring the most effective results from your upcoming bedbug treatment.
This Bedbug Checklist will provide detailed instructions on what you need to do before your scheduled treatment.
Preparation involves everything from providing adequate access to your unit or property to cleaning and post treatment recommendations
We understand that appropriate preparation can be difficult to achieve in a short period of time and that senior citizens or handicapped individuals may need additional assistance and time considerations.
BEDBUG PRE TREATMENT
- Remove all blankets, sheets, covers, pillows, bath towels, and curtains from the bed and room, and run through the dryer on high heat for 30 minutes. After drying, bag up in garbage bags and keep those bags out of any areas being treated.
- Empty all drawers and closets of any clothing and personal belongings or trinkets as these areas will be treated so they must be free and clear of your belongings.
- Run all clothing through a dryer on high heat for 30 minutes, then bag all of the belongings in garbage bags. Keep bags out of all areas being treated.
- Mattresses and box springs should be left in place if they are not going to be discarded. This helps keep activity in place for the technician to treat and keeps them from going elsewhere in the home.
- Remove all outlet covers and switch plates on the walls.
- Remove all picture frames from the wall and stand them up against the wall for treatment. Fish tanks must be covered with a towel or plastic.
- All clothing and linens, and other items must be cleaned and kept isolated until after the first treatment.
- All rooms must be vacuumed before treatment, especially along baseboards.
- All people and pets must be out of the building during treatment and may not re-enter the home for 4 hours.
- Move furniture away from the wall at least 18 inches if possible
- ALL ROOMS BEING TREATED MUST BE FREE AND CLEAR OF ANY CLUTTER. ITEMS, TRINKETS, OR PERSONAL BELONGINGS SO THAT THE TECHNICIAN CAN MOVE AROUND THE ROOMS FREELY AS HE IS TREATING AND MOVING FURNITURES AROUND.
- TO HAVE YOUR HOME/APARTMENT/BUILDING/CAMPER OR ANY AREAS TREATED. ALL OF THE THINGS ON THIS CHECKLIST MUST BE COMPLETED UNLESS OTHERWISE DISCUSSED BY THE TECHNICIAN OR OWNER.
- IF THESE THINGS ARE NOT READY WHEN THE TECHNICIAN SHOWS UP. YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO BEING RESCHEDULED AND AN INCONVENIENCE FEE OF $50 WILL BE DUE TO THE TECHNICIAN FROM THE HOMEOWNER OR ANY TENANT OF AN APARTMENT AT THAT TIME.
BEDBUG FOLLOW-UP TREATMENT CHECKLIST
Any and all customers who had a bedbug treatment will also be required to have a bedbug follow up treatment around 2-3 weeks later.
The follow-up treatment is include in the price you were quoted for your bedbug treatment. This checklist only requires a few things.
All that is required to do your follow- up is as follows:
- Make sure any or all rooms is free of clutter so that the technician can move about freely.
- All beds in all rooms that have been treated must be completely stripped down to the bare mattress and bare box-spring.
- Living room/Dens or family rooms that were treated also need to be free of clutter. All couches, chairs, sofas, love-seat, etc must be free and clear of any blankets or personal belongings so that they can be inspected and treated again. Pillows and cushions on said couches shall remain in place for re treatment.
BEDBUG POST TREATMENT
Remember, following these steps diligently can significantly reduce the risk of another bedbug infestation. Regular monitoring and maintaining a clutter-free, organized environment are key to long-term prevention.
- High Heat Drying: Before returning any linens, bedding, and clothing, ensure they go through a high heat drying cycle. This effectively kills any remaining bedbugs and their eggs.
- Declutter and Organize:
- Remove unnecessary items from your home to eliminate hiding spots for bedbugs.
- Keep your living space tidy and well-organized to minimize potential hiding places for bedbugs.
- Regular Monitoring for Signs of Bedbugs:
- Inspect sleeping and sitting areas regularly for signs of bedbugs such as fecal stains, shed skins, or live bugs.
- Early detection is crucial in preventing a re-infestation.
- Prevent Re-infestation:
- Exercise caution when acquiring second-hand furniture or items. Thoroughly inspect them before bringing them into your home.
- When traveling, inspect hotel rooms for signs of bedbugs and elevate luggage off the floor to prevent hitchhiking.
- Education and Awareness:
- Continuously educate yourself about bedbugs, their habits, and effective prevention measures.
- Stay informed to ensure you’re equipped to prevent future infestations.
- Consistency in Prevention:
- Emphasize the importance of consistency and thoroughness in post-bedbug treatment efforts.
- Even without visible bedbugs, maintain vigilance and implement prevention strategies to avoid a resurgence.
The Best Pest Control Company you can hire!
Work With Us
CAUSEY’S PEST CONTROL will tailor The Best Pest Solution for your Unique needs and environment.
We take care of our clients and work with them.
If you have a Quarterly or Monthly Service with us, We will come back at no additional charge between services to take care of your pest problems.